On a Facebook LIVE broadcast I recently gave a whole bunch of awesome pointers on Pinterest Marketing!
Remember Pinterest?! Pinterest has quietly been dominating the world of social media for marketers, ESPECIALLY for women! And let’s face it, WHO makes the majority of buying decisions in families? Yes, that would be women!
Here are some tips, randomly distributed here, that I shared:
- Feature multiple products in one pin
- Add a text overlay to make pins STAND OUT
- Make sure text is strongly contrasting in colour from the image
- Colours are vital for engagement and number of clicks on a pin
- Lighter coloured images are more likely to be re-pinned than darker images
- Predominantly blue toned pins are re-pinned, on average, twice as many times
- Use strongly contrasting colours to draw the eye
- Dominant colour should be light, as much as possible
- DIY are a staple of the platform — TRY IT
- Create images that ACTUALLY show step by step tutorials do well
- The description is very important — 150 to 300 words
- Focus on product uses
- Add, or edit a link to your pin
- Always include a relevant link in your bio [e.g. landing page, email sign up, other social network]
- Place price tags in description
- Hashtags don’t hold any weight so don’t use them
** If you would like my full notes from today’s Pinterest Marketing broadcast in print make sure to sign up at bit.ly/LorriRatzlaff **
Some of my ideas for today’s blog came from Social Media Examiner, because they’re the best.
** If you feel like you need a kick start with your creativity this month; be sure to sign up 100% free to my creativity challenge!! http://bit.ly/2g928mj **